By JESSIE HORTON
ERATH COUNTY (November 9, 2015) — The commissioners met and handled a number of housekeeping items before meeting in the judge’s chambers below to hear from FEMA and discuss a preliminary plat application. The Erath County Commissioners voted on several motions including:
- approving the consent agenda,
- approving line item transfers on a number of departments’ budgets,
- accepting the preliminary Red Oaks subdivision plat in Precinct 4,
- approving a $5,000 bond for Erath County Fire Marshall Steve Cole,
- approving an annual indigent defense resolution that will assist in grant applications for funding,
- approving an annual resolution that will aid in application for grant assistance with the victims notification system,
- approving the sell of Precinct 2’s half interest in the county’s pothole patcher that is shared with Precinct 1,
- approving Precinct 2 to go out for sealed bids for a used pothole patcher, and
- approving a motion that will allow Erath County Sheriff to host schools through Weatherford College Workforce Education at no cost to the county or county taxpayers.
Following a brief recess, the commissioners met with owners of Cowboy Condos for pre-application short meeting and then heard from FEMA to discuss wrap-up on disaster relief for the county.