How to send The Flash Today a Letter to the Editor:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Subject Line: Letter to the Editor
NOTE: Letters may be edited for length, grammar and accuracy. (See additional guidelines below.)
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
• BE TIMELY: Write your letter within a day of the article’s date. (Letters to The Flash Today will be accepted up to a month after posting.)
• INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Include your full name, city, state, phone # (we need this information to verify you really wrote the letter, and will not print anonymous letters).
• BE CLEAR: Make one main point.
• BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate are not printed.
• BE INTERESTING: Get your reader’s attention and keep it to the end of your letter. Open with an interesting fact or strong statement and keep your points as interesting as possible.
• AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Being rude may cause people to disagree with you on principle.
Read the “Resolutions of the Ranger College…Proposed Tax Rate…” carefully. “…a future rate increase in taxes of more than 2.99 % will require /a public hearing and any increase more than 7.99% would be […]
This November’s election will be the most important election of our lifetime. There will never be an election as important as this. It will determine if we are forever subjugated to a new and unjust […]
Dear Editor, The citizens of Erath County have a momentous choice to make about their family’s financial future on November 7; a decision that not only affects their finances but their children’s and grandchildren’s. Do […]
Dear residents, Thursday night I gave a speech before the Stephenville City Council regarding the property tax rate. It is printed below for everyone’s consideration. Mayor Weldon and members of the Stephenville City Council, I […]
Dear Editor, Sometimes forces come together to create the perfect storm. That appears to be the case with property taxes in Stephenville. Most 2017 appraisal valuations are up, way up. That means a possible triple […]
Dear Fellow Citizens, My name is J. R Walker. I attended Tarleton State University, owned and operated a successful business in Stephenville for 50 years. Stephenville is a wonderful place to live and rear children. […]