How to send The Flash Today a Letter to the Editor:
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Letter to the Editor
NOTE: Letters may be edited for length, grammar and accuracy. (See additional guidelines below.)
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
• BE TIMELY: Write your letter within a day of the article’s date. (Letters to The Flash Today will be accepted up to a month after posting.)
• INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Include your full name, city, state, phone # (we need this information to verify you really wrote the letter, and will not print anonymous letters).
• BE CLEAR: Make one main point.
• BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate are not printed.
• BE INTERESTING: Get your reader’s attention and keep it to the end of your letter. Open with an interesting fact or strong statement and keep your points as interesting as possible.
• AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Being rude may cause people to disagree with you on principle.
Dear Editor, The first annual Mayor’s Breakfast for Scouting was held on May 16 and was an overwhelming success. The dedication demonstrated by my event co-chair, Dwain Bruner, was instrumental in the success of the […]
Dear Editor, I’ve known Dr Robert Barberee for more than 20 years. I’ve worked with Robert both personally and professionally. I respect the way Robert approaches challenges and unsolved opportunities. He is a good listener […]
Dear Stephenville ISD Voters, For 16 years I have had the privilege of teaching for the Stephenville ISD. As an educator, I’ve seen first-hand the impact a school board member can have on our students, […]
I recently moved outside the city limits and unfortunately will not get to vote in city council races anymore. However, I would like to urge those who can to consider re-electing Carla Trussell to the […]
Join me in supporting Dr. Julie Howell, lifelong educator and child advocate, for the SISD School Board Dear Erath County voters, I wholeheartedly support Julie Howell, EdD, candidate for Stephenville School Board, Place 1. Julie […]
Friends, we must remember our local city council elections are nonpartisan. We are very fortunate to have Alan Nix seeking another term on Council, anyone that knows Alan knows he walks the talk what does […]
I encourage you to vote for Brandon Huckabee in Place 8. Brandon is intelligent, fiscally responsible and a good person. He will make an excellent city councilman for the city of Stephenville. You could say […]