How to send The Flash Today a Letter to the Editor:
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Letter to the Editor
NOTE: Letters may be edited for length, grammar and accuracy. (See additional guidelines below.)
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
• BE TIMELY: Write your letter within a day of the article’s date. (Letters to The Flash Today will be accepted up to a month after posting.)
• INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Include your full name, city, state, phone # (we need this information to verify you really wrote the letter, and will not print anonymous letters).
• BE CLEAR: Make one main point.
• BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate are not printed.
• BE INTERESTING: Get your reader’s attention and keep it to the end of your letter. Open with an interesting fact or strong statement and keep your points as interesting as possible.
• AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Being rude may cause people to disagree with you on principle.
Dear Editor, Many things have changed in the U.S. since Santa Claus last visited. The new President insists on extreme vetting of non-citizens, and Santa realized he had no visa or green card. Centuries ago […]
Dear Editor and Readers of The Flash, “Absolute power corrupts absolutely” It is the best-known quotation of the 19th-century British politician, Lord Acton, who expressed the thought in 1887. I think Dr. Cross was expressing […]
We live in a world surrounded by technology. And we know that whatever field our students choose to go into as adults, their ability to succeed will increasingly depend on understanding how technology works. While fewer than […]
I wish to congratulate Dr. Cross on his balanced opinion pieces. However, I seriously question the facade he presents of Republicans being in fear of gun injury like with the rest of the population. It […]
Read the “Resolutions of the Ranger College…Proposed Tax Rate…” carefully. “…a future rate increase in taxes of more than 2.99 % will require /a public hearing and any increase more than 7.99% would be […]
This November’s election will be the most important election of our lifetime. There will never be an election as important as this. It will determine if we are forever subjugated to a new and unjust […]
Dear Editor, The citizens of Erath County have a momentous choice to make about their family’s financial future on November 7; a decision that not only affects their finances but their children’s and grandchildren’s. Do […]
Dear residents, Thursday night I gave a speech before the Stephenville City Council regarding the property tax rate. It is printed below for everyone’s consideration. Mayor Weldon and members of the Stephenville City Council, I […]