How to send The Flash Today a Letter to the Editor:
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Letter to the Editor
NOTE: Letters may be edited for length, grammar and accuracy. (See additional guidelines below.)
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
• BE TIMELY: Write your letter within a day of the article’s date. (Letters to The Flash Today will be accepted up to a month after posting.)
• INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Include your full name, city, state, phone # (we need this information to verify you really wrote the letter, and will not print anonymous letters).
• BE CLEAR: Make one main point.
• BE CONCISE: 1- 3 paragraphs, 50-175 words.
• BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate are not printed.
• BE INTERESTING: Get your reader’s attention and keep it to the end of your letter. Open with an interesting fact or strong statement and keep your points as interesting as possible.
• AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Being rude may cause people to disagree with you on principle.
Dear Stephenville residents, The Stephenville City Council election of 2017 is of the utmost importance. It will determine if the balance of power stays in conservative hands, or whether it reverts back to those who […]
To our clients, families, supporters, and volunteers: You might have heard a lot of talk in the national media lately about Meals on Wheels programs and the support they receive through federal grants. The term […]
Dear Stephenville residents, The Stephenville City Council has had more than a year to hire a new city manager… why would they hire someone who was investigated and released from his last position. I have […]
Dear residents of Stephenville ISD, I recently had the opportunity to attend the National School Board Association Advocacy Institute in Washington, D.C. Sessions and speakers included updates on the ESSA, Public Law No: 114-95 (Every […]
Dear Stephenville residents, Saturday May 7th is Election Day for city council candidates and the courthouse will be open to voters from 7am to 7pm. A drive-through line is also available for special needs voters. […]
Dear Stephenville Residents, Two years ago I wrote to you saying we are facing the need to spend millions of dollars to repair and replace water and sewer infrastructure, streets, and water wells and transmission […]
Dear Editor, While having been a resident of Erath county since 1964, I currently live outside Stephenville limits so am not eligible to vote in the upcoming City Council election but if able, would enthusiastically […]
Thank you, neighbor! The first week of April, Stephenville was blessed by two historic volunteer service projects. And on behalf of the citizens of Stephenville, please allow me say THANK YOU to the thousands of […]
Dear Editor, Mr. McDanel suggests I have a lack of knowledge regarding my criticism of the council authorizing expenditures on studies, outside consultants, and the use of consultants for design and development plans…. It’s a […]