How to send The Flash Today a Letter to the Editor:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Subject Line: Letter to the Editor
NOTE: Letters may be edited for length, grammar and accuracy. (See additional guidelines below.)
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
• BE TIMELY: Write your letter within a day of the article’s date. (Letters to The Flash Today will be accepted up to a month after posting.)
• INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Include your full name, city, state, phone # (we need this information to verify you really wrote the letter, and will not print anonymous letters).
• BE CLEAR: Make one main point.
• BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate are not printed.
• BE INTERESTING: Get your reader’s attention and keep it to the end of your letter. Open with an interesting fact or strong statement and keep your points as interesting as possible.
• AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Being rude may cause people to disagree with you on principle.
Dear Editor, Sometimes forces come together to create the perfect storm. That appears to be the case with property taxes in Stephenville. Most 2017 appraisal valuations are up, way up. That means a possible triple […]
Dear Fellow Citizens, My name is J. R Walker. I attended Tarleton State University, owned and operated a successful business in Stephenville for 50 years. Stephenville is a wonderful place to live and rear children. […]
Dear Editor, A vote for David Baskett is a vote to remove Jerry Warren’s unprofessionalism from the council. Jerry has proclaimed he will resign if Baskett wins. This after also publicly commenting on David Baskett’s […]
Dear residents, Please join me in voting for Nick Robinson, Doug Svien, Rhett Harrison and Sherry Zackery. Nick Robinson vs Mark McClinton. Nick is the most conservative of the two. Doug Svien vs Mandy McGee. […]
Dear Editor, This year’s City Council election is extremely important. It will determine if the City Council finally has the numbers needed to enact conservative policies. We need to elect conservative candidates who believe in […]
Dear Editor, I have known Doug Svien for 20 years. I can tell you, without reservation, that Doug is a trustworthy individual and can attest to Doug’s honesty, integrity and dedication to the sacred trust of the voters as a […]