How to send The Flash Today a Letter to the Editor:
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Letter to the Editor
NOTE: Letters may be edited for length, grammar and accuracy. (See additional guidelines below.)
GUIDELINES FOR LETTER TO THE EDITOR:
• BE TIMELY: Write your letter within a day of the article’s date. (Letters to The Flash Today will be accepted up to a month after posting.)
• INCLUDE CONTACT INFORMATION: Include your full name, city, state, phone # (we need this information to verify you really wrote the letter, and will not print anonymous letters).
• BE CLEAR: Make one main point.
• BE CONCISE: 1- 3 paragraphs, 50-175 words.
• BE ACCURATE: Letters that are factually inaccurate are not printed.
• BE INTERESTING: Get your reader’s attention and keep it to the end of your letter. Open with an interesting fact or strong statement and keep your points as interesting as possible.
• AVOID PERSONAL ATTACKS: Show respect for the opposite opinion. Being rude may cause people to disagree with you on principle.
Dear Editor, While having been a resident of Erath county since 1964, I currently live outside Stephenville limits so am not eligible to vote in the upcoming City Council election but if able, would enthusiastically […]
Thank you, neighbor! The first week of April, Stephenville was blessed by two historic volunteer service projects. And on behalf of the citizens of Stephenville, please allow me say THANK YOU to the thousands of […]
Dear Editor, Mr. McDanel suggests I have a lack of knowledge regarding my criticism of the council authorizing expenditures on studies, outside consultants, and the use of consultants for design and development plans…. It’s a […]
Dear Editor, At the 4/5/16 Stephenville City Council meeting, I shared this information with the public: “During the current and previous budget combined, the council has approved spending less than 1% of the total budgets […]
Dear Editor, The citizens of Stephenville have the opportunity to put an excellent woman on the city council. Carla Trussell is a dedicated, hardworking, energetic person who sets goals and follows through until completion. I […]
Dear Editor, I’m supporting the re-election of Russ McDanel to Place 2 on our city council. He understands the importance of strategic planning to maximize efficiencies in city government. He truly cares about this community […]
The letter to the editor was sent to The Flash Today by a Stephenville City Council member in response to another councilman’s public statements against the council’s spending habits. Dear Editor, I take issue with […]
This letter to the editor was sent to The Flash Today by Stephenville Mayor Kenny Weldon in response to the community’s concerns and recent statements about the proposed thoroughfare plan. Last year, we “weathered” some very […]
The letter to the editor was sent to The Flash Today by a Stephenville City Council member in response to another councilman’s public statements against the council and Waggoner specifically. Dear Editor, This is the […]
The Multipurpose Center. Proponents of the center will promote this as something that a developer, a private entity, will come here and offer to invest in Stephenville to the tune of $26 million to build […]