Received from Sr. Texas Highway Patrol Trooper and Public Information Officer, Dub Gillum:
AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added Omar Cruz, 30, to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list, and a cash reward up to $7,500 is now being offered for information leading to his arrest. Amarillo Crime Stoppers is also offering an additional reward for Cruz’s arrest. Cruz has a violent criminal past, and is wanted for aggravated sexual assault of a child younger than 14 and forgery of a financial instrument. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
Cruz’s last known address was in Amarillo, and he also has ties to the Rio Grande Valley area. His criminal history includes burglary of a habitation, unauthorized use of a vehicle, unlawful carrying weapon and evading arrest/detention. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://www.dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=266.
Cruz is 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs approximately 140 pounds. He has tattoos on his right leg and scars on his back, left wrist and right hand. Cruz has previously worked in restaurants and the landscaping field.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.