STEPHENVILLE (September 9, 2015) — Tarleton State University announces several new policies and a new location for Texan Alley, the game-day tailgating experience prior to home football games at Memorial Stadium.
Tarleton invites and welcomes current students, alumni, fans and guests to enjoy tailgating during the four scheduled home games as part of the Texans’ 2015 football season. This year, however, several new policies ensure a safe, comfortable and fun experience for everyone.
This fall, Texan Alley, brought to fans by 2015 title sponsor Green Acres Rental, moves to the west side of Memorial Stadium, with tailgating permitted in Lot P20 North, the newly constructed parking area adjacent to Harbin Drive and the Tarleton intramural complex. Tailgating is permissible only in the designated Texan Alley area, which will be fenced off on game days and include entry points.
New to the Texan Alley tailgating policy is an age verification process. As in the past, guests must be 21 or older to consume alcohol. City Limits staff will provide age-verified wrist bands to those 21 and older as they enter Texan Alley. Entrants must present a valid driver’s license to receive a wrist band. A wrist band is required to consume alcoholic beverages within the tailgating area. The possession or use of alcoholic beverages must be in compliance with all local, state and federal laws as well as Tarleton and The Texas A&M University System policies.
To reserve a space within Texan Alley for tailgating, visit the online marketplace at www.tarleton.edu/recsports/TexanAlley and click on “Reserve Your Spot Today!” All reserved tailgating spaces—two regular parking spaces within Lot P20 North—are $10 each. There is a five-space limit per person or group; however, larger tailgating areas may be reserved by calling Daron Trussell at 254-968-0761.
Those who reserve tailgating spaces are limited to one vehicle per area.
Some of this year’s Texan Alley tailgating guidelines:
• No glass containers are permitted.
• Drinking games, kegs and funnels are strictly prohibited.
• Entrances and traffic lanes within Texan Alley must remain clear at all times.
• Trash and debris must be cleaned up and disposed of in provided receptacles, including those for recyclables.
• No open-pit fires are allowed. Charcoal and wood-fire grills are permissible, but fires must be contained to the grill.
• The disposal of hot coals and ashes from grills are prohibited within Texan Alley or on campus.
• Guests who exhibit disruptive behavior or interfere with the rights of others will be asked to leave the premises.
• Pets must remain on a leash and in the owner’s control at all times. Pet owners are responsible for any injury or damage caused by their pet. Always pick up after your pets, please.
• Tarleton does not take responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged personal property. Tailgating spaces and/or personal items should be attended at all times.
• Participants and organizations cannot sell food, products and/or raffle tickets, campaign for office, distribute petitions and/or lobby for votes without prior written approval from the Rec Sports Office.
• Student tailgating is not permitted during the game, at halftime or after the game. All student tailgating at Texan Alley must end 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
For a complete list of Texan Alley policies and rules, visit www.tarleton.edu/recsports/TexanAlley.