FLASH STAFF REPORT
ERATH COUNTY (March 14, 2016) – The Erath County Commissioners took time this week to meet and handle some housekeeping items Monday for their regular meeting including discussing purchases by the fire department and more.
Commissioners heard from Erath County Fire Coordinator Chris Brooks on work the local volunteer fire departments have been doing including a brief report on storm cleanup from last week. Brooks also advised his department would like to go out for bids on a 2003 Ford F450 cab & chassis. He said the department is in need of replacing a vehicle and have determined this is the best and most cost effective way to achieve it. Commissioners approved the request.
Other business included:
• Permission to out for bids on a used haul truck for Precinct 3
• Permission for purchase exempt bids under local government code for Precincts 1 and 3
• Permission to purchase a used Gradall for Precincts 1 and 3 (all purchases are within the precincts’ budgets for the year)
• Approved annual assessment and collection of taxes with Stephenville ISD
• Approved adding Paluxy River Children’s Advocacy Center to the jury funds donation list
• Approved clearing a fence row on CR 261
• Approved Kirbo’s lease for Sheriff’s office
• Certifying receipt of unanticipated funds from County Auditor Janet Martin
• Accepting roads in Summerfield Place development