By DAVID SWEARINGEN
May 9, 2023
This past Saturday, Kevin Miles hosted a Spring Dessert Banquet and Fundraiser at The Gathering Place for his ministry role with the National Network of Youth Ministries. Kevin moved to Stephenville to serve First Baptist Church from 2010-2020 as youth pastor and associate pastor. While serving FBC, he also served in the community as a board member for several groups, including the Stephenville Athletic Booster Club, Cross Timbers Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and EC3.
In 2020, Kevin began working full-time with the National Network of Youth Ministries, serving as the South Central and Heartland Regional Coordinator – providing leadership across eight states, establishing his regional office right here in Stephenville. Kevin trains leaders nationally, regionally, and locally – serving NNYM and as the U.S. Country leader for Jesus Focused Youth Ministry. As an advocate for youth workers and collaboration throughout the regions he serves, Kevin helps to connect, train and strengthen leaders to work together to reach every teenager with the good news of Jesus.Here is a list of some of his highlights from the past year that was shared at his fundraiser:
- We have been able to expand our team, which now consists of: Texas Coordinator, Houston Metro Coordinator, DFW Metro Coordinator, Regional Assistant, Colorado Coordinator, Louisiana Coordinator and Missouri Coordinator.
- We partnered with Lifest Music City to lead six seminars, encourage and connect with youth leaders, and promote adopting schools for prayer through everyschool.com.
- Working with Campus Alliance to enlist Campus Strategist to help reach students on every campus across the US.
- Partnered with Pulse for Together 22 at Cotton Bowl Stadium. We rented out the Women’s building and trained over 180 students and youth workers.
- Trained over 80 youth leaders in Jesus Focused Youth Ministry.
- Hosted Accelerate Texas Conference in our area for key ministry leaders across Texas to collaborate together to help accelerate plans to reach Texas.
- Partnered with Movement DFW (www.movementdfw.org) to help connect ministries and reach students in the DFW Metroplex.
- Hosted the National Campus Summit Livestream and the National Day of Volunteer Youth Worker Training for local youth leaders.
- Partnered with Fellowship of Christian Athletes for Fields of Faith and speaking to share about 9 Month Mission Trip. (Challenging students to make their school year a 9 Month Mission Trip)
- He also spends some time speaking to local youth groups and preaching in local churches.
- NNYM partners with Claim Your Campus and Student Discipleship Ministries to plan and promote See You at the Pole. Through his support, he was able to provide planning packets to nine area schools.
Kevin stated, “I am so thankful for the support that we receive from people right here in Stephenville. Your prayers and support are making a huge impact in our area and across the nation.”
All NNYM team members are self-supported missionaries and raise the funds needed for their position and ministry that is accomplished in their area. If you would like to contact Kevin, learn more about what he does or would like to donate to support his ministry, you can visit his website at www.nnym.org/KevinMiles. The National Network of Youth Ministries is a 501(c)3 and is a member with the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. All donations are tax-deductible.
Be the first to comment