Release from Sr. Trooper Texas Highway Patrol Public Information Officer Dub Gillum
AUSTIN (January 23, 2015) – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) has added one fugitive and two sex offenders to the Texas 10 Most Wanted lists. Eusebio DeLeon, 42, was added to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive list, and a cash reward up to $5,000 is now being offered for information leading to his capture. Derrick Garton, 29, and Paul Ray Bass, 53, have been added to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offenders list, and two separate cash rewards of up to $3,000 are now offered for information leading to their arrests. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
DeLeon is wanted for murder and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. He has ties to Falfurrias and Laredo as well as Mexico. DeLeon is 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighs approximately 280 pounds and may be known as “Chevo.” For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/fugitiveDetails.aspx?id=270.
Garton is wanted for failure to comply with sex offender registration and is considered a high-risk offender. He has ties to the northeast Texas town of New Boston and Long Beach, Miss. Garton is 6 feet tall and weighs approximately 160 pounds. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=271.
Bass is wanted for failure to comply with sex offender registration and is considered a high-risk offender. Bass has ties to Houston and Cherokee County in East Texas. He has been known to work as a general laborer and may be a transient. Bass is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs approximately 160 pounds. For more information or updates in the event of his arrest, see his wanted bulletin at: http://dps.texas.gov/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=268.
Texas Crime Stoppers, which is funded by the Governor’s Criminal Justice Division, offers cash rewards to any person who provides information that leads to the arrest of one of the Texas 10 Most Wanted fugitives or sex offenders.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, there are five different ways to provide anonymous tips:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Text the letters DPS – followed by your tip – to 274637 (CRIMES) from your cell phone.
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip at http://www.facebook.com/texas10mostwanted by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
- Submit a tip through the DPS Mobile App. The app is currently available for iPhone users on the Apple App Store: (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/texas-dps/id902092368?mt=8) and for Android users on Google Play: (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microassist.texasdps&hl=en).
All tips are anonymous – regardless of how they are submitted.
DPS investigators work with local law enforcement agencies to select fugitives for the Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive and Sex Offender lists. You can find the current lists – with photos – on the DPS website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/texas10mostwanted/.
Do not attempt to apprehend these fugitives; they are considered armed and dangerous.
Be the first to comment