STEPHENVILLE (February 4, 2016) — Network with regional business owners and human resource professionals at a one-day management and leadership conference Wednesday, Feb. 17, hosted by Tarleton State University and the Cross Timbers Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
The event kicks off in the Barry B. Thompson Student Center on the Stephenville campus with registration and a continental breakfast from 9:30 to 10 a.m., followed by six sessions specific to developing successful business relationships and best practices in human resource management. Dublin Athletic Director Bob Cervetto wraps up the day with “Leadership and Motivation: Every Day Is Friday and Every Day Is a Holiday.”
Other sessions are:
• “Communication Styles that Lead to Successful Business Relationships” – Dr. David Deviney, Tarleton
• “Weapons in the Workplace Update” – Bettye Lynn, Lynn Ross Gannaway & Cranford LLP
• “Human Resource Management 101: Hiring and Managing Your First Employees” – Lon Williams, Polsinelli Firm
• “Employer Victories and Losses—The Employment Law Count over the Past Year…but Who’s Counting” – Karen Denney, Haynes & Boone LLP
• “Successful Human Resource Strategies for Building an Ethical Workplace Culture” – Sherry Johnson, SHRM Southwest Central Region
• “Independent Contractor or Employee? Don’t Get this Wrong” – Judd Leach, Tarleton
The regular $100 registration fee includes all sessions, breakfast and a barbecue lunch buffet. Registration for members of the Cross Timbers SHRM and America’s Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Tarleton is $75. SHRM student members pay $25. As a special offer, join the Cross Timbers SHRM and receive a $25 discount off the regular registration fee.
To register for the conference, go to crosstimbersshrm.wildapricot.org/event-2121967.