STEPHENVILLE (February 23, 2016) — Area residents can see a dozen free theatrical performances March 2-4 as part of the 2016 Texas Play Festival hosted by Tarleton State University’s Department of Fine Arts. Performances take place at the Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center.
Coordinated by the Texas Community College Speech & Theatre Association, the annual event promotes educational theater at the community college level. This year marks the first time since 2006 that Tarleton has hosted the festival.
Four colleges perform daily on either the Wells Fine Arts Center Theatre or Auditorium stage.
2016 Texas Play Festival Schedule
Wednesday, March 2
• 4 p.m. – Blinn College-Brenham, Theatre stage, “The Remarkable Rooming House of Madam LeMonde” by Tennessee Williams
• 6 p.m. – Weatherford College, Auditorium stage, “Everyman” (anonymous)
• 8 p.m. – Houston Community College-Northeast, Theatre stage, “Pounding Nails in the Floor with My Forehead” by Eric Bogosian
• 10 p.m. – Lone Star College-Tomball, Auditorium stage, “Summer & Smoke” by Tennessee Williams
Thursday, March 3
• 2 p.m. – Eastfield College, Auditorium stage, “Alice in Wonderland” by Lewis Carroll
• 4 p.m. – Wharton County Junior College, Theatre stage, “The Language Archive” by Julia Cho
• 8 p.m. – Panola College, Auditorium stage, “The Rainmaker” by N. Richard Nash
• 10 p.m. – Blinn College-Bryan, Theatre stage, “Half an Hour” by J.M. Barrie
Friday, March 4
• 10 a.m. – Lamar State College-Port Arthur, Auditorium stage, “Fool for Love” by Sam Shepard
• 4 p.m. – Navarro College, Theatre stage, “Kill Me, Deadly: A Noir Comedy” by Bill Robens
• 8 p.m. – Lone Star College-Kingwood, Auditorium stage, “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee,” music and lyrics by William Finn, book by Rachel Sheinkin
• 10 p.m. – Howard College, Theatre stage, “The 39 Steps” adapted by Patrick Barlow
The Texas Community College Speech & Theatre Association will present awards to cast and crew members, including those for costume design and stage management, following all performances.
For directions to Tarleton’s Clyde H. Wells Fine Arts Center and a campus parking map, visit http://map.tarleton.edu. To learn more about the university’s Department of Fine Arts and to view a complete schedule of upcoming events, see www.tarleton.edu/finearts.