Flash Staff Report
Easter festivities kick off Saturday with a number of area churches hosting egg hunts and family fun fairs, and the celebration continues early Sunday morning with an Easter Sunrise Service at Stephenville City Park.
The Flash has complied a partial list of things going on in and around Erath County and is also sharing a list of churches ready to welcome their doors to everyone seeking a place to celebrate the resurrection this season.
Things to do Saturday
- mEGGa Hunt – Stephenville
Stephenville’s largest community Easter egg hunt is set for 10 a.m.-noon Saturday. Sponsored by Timber Ridge Church, the mEGGa Hunt is held at Stephenville City Park in the open field near Splashville.
Everyone is invited to the free, family-friendly event, but the eggs hunting is reserved for children up to sixth grade. The fun includes 40,000 Easter eggs, bounce houses, prizes for the kids, face painting, pictures with the Easter Bunny and a whole lot more.
Registration and activities begin at 10 a.m. followed by egg hunting for children, babies through two year olds at 10:30; the three-year-old – pre-kindergarten hunt starts at 10:45; kindergarten – third grade fun begins at 11; and fourth-sixth graders hunt at 11:15.
Parents can avoid the wait – and still be registered for the drawings – by pre-registering online at timberridgechurch.com/meggahunt.
- Cornerstone hosts Easter fun fair
Cornerstone Assembly of God hosts its Free Easter Fun Fair 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday at the church, located at 950 Glen Rose Highway.
For more information, call Cornerstone at (254) 965-3445 or visit cornerstoneforchrist.org
- Tolar church holds Community Easter Celebration
Tolar Baptist Church hosts the “largest egg hunt in Hood County” during its Community Easter Celebration on Saturday. The fun will be held 10 a.m.- 2 p.m., and you don’t have to be a church – or community – member to attend.
The free festivities include a special appearance by the Easter Bunny, prizes, food, crafts and 1000s of Easter eggs spread across three hunts for children ages 1 year through sixth grade. Organizers said there will be a special prize egg at each hunt, and one lucky winner will go home with a new bicycle.
Attendees can also tour a fire truck, dine off the Boatman’s BBQ Food Truck and enjoy a cake walk, putting green, bounce house and much more.
Everyone is also invited to return at 11 a.m. Sunday for a worship service. Tolar Baptist Church is located at 400 Tolar Highway.
Visit tolarbaptistchurch.com for more information.
Ways to worship Easter Sunday
- Enjoy sunrise service at city park
Cornerstone Assembly of God invites you to celebrate resurrection at 7 a.m. Sunday for Easter Sunrise Service at Stephenville City Park’s Birdsong Amphitheatre. The church will also host Easter Sunday Service at 9:30 and 11 a.m. indoors at 950 Glen Rose Highway.
Visit cornerstoneforchrist.org for more information
- Join Timber Ridge in worship
The community is invited to Timber Ridge Church, located on FM 8 and North Bates Street for Easter Sunday services. The church will have four identical services at 9 a.m., 10:15, 11:45 and 6 p.m.
Guests can expect free, tasty snacks and refreshments, rockin’ music with a live band and a message from God’s Word that applies to everyday life.
Kids can enjoy their own fun, interactive worship in a fun church environment.
- Easter Community Service in the Park
Elk Ridge Baptist Church hosts a community-wide Easter service at under the pavilion at Stephenville City Park – 378 W. Long Street – at 11 a.m. Sunday. The worship service will be followed by a picnic lunch, egg hunt and games.
For more information on the free event, call (254) 485-4441.
- Church of the Nazarene 2522 N. US Hwy. 377, Stephenville
- Oakdale United Methodist Church 2675 W. Overhill Dr. , Stephenville
- First United Methodist Church 328 W. Washington, , Stephenville
- Cowboy Church of Erath County 4945 US Hwy 67, Stephenville
- Double N Cowboy Church 7202 E. State Hwy 6, Dublin
- Elk Ridge Baptist Church, 634 East Road, Stephenville
- Rocky Point Baptist Church 3595 CR 178, Stephenville
- First Christian Church 450 W. Tarleton Street, Stephenville
- Graham Street Church of Christ 312 North Graham, Stephenville
- Valley Grove Baptist Church, 1731 S US Hwy 281, Stephenville
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 595 N. McIIhaney Street, Stephenville
- First Baptist Church of Stephenville 334 W. Green St, Stephenville
- Lingleville Baptist Church, 21543 N FM 219, Lingleville,
- Harvey Baptist Church, 1375 W. Cage Street, Stephenville
- Faith Lutheran Church 3000 Northwest Loop, Stephenville
- Cornerstone Assembly of God 950 Glen Rose Hwy, Stephenville
The information above was compiled by Amanda Kimble and obtained from the Stephenville Chamber of Commerce and other sources.