FORT WORTH – Tarleton State University’s Texas Social Media Research Institute (TSMRI) presents local and state social media awards-based on Klout Scores and number of followers-at its sixth annual conference on Friday, Nov. 4, in Fort Worth.
This year’s conference takes place from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at Tarleton-Fort Worth, 6777 Camp Bowie Blvd., and includes more than 150 participants from across the United States.
TSMRI brings together social media experts to provide insight and instruction on the benefits of popular social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Periscope, Vlogging and Snapchat, to name a few. Conference sessions are based on four tracks: teaching and learning, higher education retention and marketing, research, and innovation.
Researchers from California and Texas are scheduled to present during the daylong conference. To register, visit www.txsocialmedia.org.
TSMRI will honor area businesses, organizations, educational institutions and government entities with the most Twitter followers including, but not limited to:
Advertising and Media
- Texas Monthly
- WFAA Channel 8
- CBS DFW
- NBC 5
- 95.9 The Ranch – 92.1 KTFW
- Fort Worth, Texas magazine
- Fletcher Consulting Public Relations
- Fort Worth Business newspaper
- The Green Sheet
Arts, Culture and Entertainment
- Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth
- American Airlines Center
- Billy Bob’s Texas
- Kimbell Art Museum
- Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Performing Arts Fort Worth Inc.
- Fort Worth Zoo
- Sid Richardson Museum
- Stockyards Championship Rodeo
- Championship Bull Riding Inc.
Finance and Insurance
- Karl K. Morgan, representing USAA
- First Command Bank
- Frost Bank
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
- Comerica Bank
- GM Financial
- Bank of Texas
- University of Texas at Austin
- University of Houston
- Texas Tech University
- Texas State University
- Texas A&M University
- University of Texas at Dallas
- Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
- University of Texas at San Antonio
- Tarleton State University
- Texas A&M University-Commerce
Additionally, TSMRI will recognize the following state agencies with the most Twitter followers:
- Texas General Land Office
- Texas Engineering Extension Service
- Texas Historical Commission
- Texas Department of Transportation
- Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- Texas Department of Public Safety
- Texas Education Agency
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Veterans Commission
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Texas Department of Agriculture
- Texas Attorney General
- Texas Forest Service
- Texas Park and Wildlife Department
Tweet @TSMRI and follow #TXSocialMedia on Twitter for conference activities and updates.
For more information about TSMRI, visit http://www.tarleton.edu/tsmri/. TSMRI is powered by Tarleton undergraduate and graduate student social media coaches as part of their internship experience. Coaches will offer one-on-one social media help at the conference.
For more information about Tarleton State University, visit http://www.tarleton.edu.