Due to the fundraising efforts of the Stephenville Museum, including the Engraved Brick Project and local monetary donations, the Chapel on the Bosque received much needed renovations to the outside, including repairs and a new coat of paint provided by Patrick Felts and Pryde Construction. Built in 1899, the First Presbyterian Church served the community for over seventy years. When the members of the First Baptist Church bought the property, they donated the historic building to the Stephenville Museum. Moving the structure to the museum grounds became a 1975 bicentennial project with the community stepping up to the challenge of raising the funds needed. Today it stands tribute to the area’s historical past and is still used for weddings and other local gatherings.
History lives with the need of searching for answers or the truth.past sets the path to the future.